Summer Car Tune-Up Tips to Keep in Mind
Your bags are packed, your maps are unfolded, and the kids all have their snacks. You and your family are ready for your road trip, but is your car? As the weather gets warmer, there are some things you should do to ensure that every trip, short or long, is a safe one.
1. Do a check of all of your exterior lights and windshield wipers. Replace worn wipers or any burned out bulbs.
2. Look over your tires to make sure that the tread is not worn down. Don’t forget to check your spare also. This is a great time to get out your jack, make sure it is in working order, and review how to use it.
3. Under the hood, check the belts, battery, and all fluid levels. It is a good idea to get a fresh oil and filter change before and after a road trip.
4. Fill up the washer fluid reservoirs and wash all the windows.
5. Inside your vehicle, do a safety check of all of your seat belts.
6. Check any car seats that are in your car, making sure that they have been installed according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
7. Put a safety kit in your vehicle. This should include first aid supplies, a wrench, screwdriver, flashlight, safety flares, extra water, and some rags.
It’s not unfair for us to say that life will never be better than when you’re living at The Royale at City Place Apartments in Overland Park, Kansas City! To further improve your day-to-day routine, we bring you these lifestyle-enhancing tips that will help you revamp your lifestyle in a variety of ways.